The ACigs photo competition is back for 2022 with a few exciting new changes from previous years, this time with more winners and more prizes to be awarded!
What: A photo competition for photos featuring the use of geosynthetics.
Who: Participation is open to all ACIGS Members within Australia and New Zealand. Special conditions apply for PNG and Pacific Islands nations with participants not required to be an ACIGS Member to enter.
When: All entry submissions must be received by 5pm AEST on 30/09/22
How: Submissions should be submitted using the form at the bottom of this page
- NEW: All entrants must be an ACIGS member.
- NEW: There will be no distinction between General and Young Members this year with all entries combined into one category.
- The Top 10 photos will be shortlisted by a judging panel selected by the ACIGS. Judges will not be allowed to enter the contest.
- After the judging process, these photos will be subject to a members only vote on social media to determine the winner. Further details will be announced once the submission period closes.
- NEW: All finalists in the top 10 who progress to public voting will receive an award!
- The Grand Winner will receive a gift voucher valued at $500AUD
- Second Place will receive a gift voucher valued at $250 AUD
- Third Place will receive a gift voucher valued at $125 AUD
- All other finalists in the Top 10 will receive a gift voucher valued at $50 AUD
- NEW: The best three (3) entries by PNG & Pacific Islands participants as selected by the judging panel and/or public voting will receive free membership for 2023. Note that this reward is independent of any other rewards a finalist may receive.
- Each participant may submit 2 photos with only 1 photo eligible for the Top 10.
- Photos should be jpg format and no larger than 8mb in size.
- Photos should be original, you can submit a photo on behalf of the original photographer (with permission of course), it does not have to be your photo
- A photo title and credit must be included with each picture sent.
- A brief description of the photo is also required (200 words max). The description will be included as part of the evaluation by the judging panel.
- Photos must clearly demonstrate or represent geosynthetic material or technology in use, without product branding.
- Entrants automatically provide ACIGS the rights to publish the pictures on all its platforms which may include newsletter, website, social media platforms etc.
Upload your photos below to enter